The replacement for Martin Williams as managing director of Landmark Wholesale can expect to receive an annual salary of between £120,00 and £150,000.
The job, advertised in The Daily Telegraph, specifies that the right candidate must meet the following criteria:
• strong leader
• excellent track record of success
• excellent organisational skills
• highly numerate and able to ‘dig into detail’
• excellent understanding of either wholesale, supplier or convenience markets
• excellent interpersonal skills
• ability to manage a large and diverse set of shareholders, with the ability to be a politician when required
• key strategic insight and ability to anticipate market trends, challenges and opportunities
• strong commitment to equality and diversity
Apart from having control of Landmark’s finances, the selected candidate will need to train and motivate staff, maintain effective relationships with suppliers, represent the group on trade bodies, have responsibility for the Lifestyle Express chain and develop own-label ranges.
The announcement that Williams would be leaving the group at the end of December (Cash & Carry Management, November) gave no indication of why he was going after 33 years’ service.
Among existing staff, trading director John Searle and finance director Andrew Thewlis are mooted to be candidates for Williams’ position.
Tel: Landmark Wholesale (01908) 255300