Liverpool retailer Tharmalingam Gnanachchandran, who trades as the Local Zone, won first prize of £10,000 in Bestway Wholesale’s annual retail development awards held in central London. The total prize value was £32,000.
The event, in its 15th year, was hosted by group CEO Zameer Choudrey and wholesale managing director Younus Sheikh.
The awards are the culmination of the Retail Development Programme, run by Bestway, which includes three two-day workshops (in Edinburgh, Leeds and Weybridge). The sessions provide retailers with latest insights and category advice to help them develop their stores.
Bestway Retail Development Award winners:
• North: Saghir Hasham & Saqib Mahfooz, Mr Booze, Derby.
• South: Sanya Ahmed, Falcon Food & Wine, London E2.
• Scotland: Donna and Bruce Morgan, Brownlies, Biggar.
• Community: Jitendra Patel, Arnott Close Post Office, Thamesmead.
• Best One: Kuperan Muragesu, Peva Petroleum, Runcorn.
• Chilled & frozen: Zarine Khan & Fahim Hussain, Kashmir Watan Food Stores, Preston.
• General grocery: Jeyabalan Arumugam, Moxley Food & Wine, Wednesbury.
• Household, health & beauty: Mathanraj Mahalingam, Daily Stop, Liverpool.
• Tobacco: Saghir Hasham & Saqib Mahfooz, Mr Booze, Derby.
• Confectionery: Gobind Takhar, Singhburys, Rowley Regis.
• Crisps & snacks: Kulvinder Singh Mann, Mann’s Food & Wine, Woolwich, London.
• Soft drinks: Vacaas Ali, Fenham Stores, Gateshead.
• Water: Kanahasunderam Jayharan, Supersaver, Litherland.
• Wines & spirits: Gurpinder Tauk, GS Discount Centre, Ashington.
• Beer & cider: Ambarish Patel, Anish’s Mini Market, East Grinstead.
• Petfood: Mohammed Janjuah, Russells Hall Road Post Office, Dudley.
• Baby food: Dalwinder Bal, Bal’s Foodstore, Winch Wen, Swansea.
Tel: Bestway Wholesale 020-8453 1234Published Date: October 30, 2015